If you are interested in working in Australia, work visas of Australia may be the right visa options for you. There are two main types of work visa: Temporary work visa and Permanent work visas.

Temporary work visas

There are many subclasses of visas that fall under this category. A popular work visa is Subclass 457 which allows the visa holder to stay in Australia for up to 4 years. Subclass 457 visa can be applied from both in or outside of Australia. There are three stages that are involved in this complex visa process:

Sponsorship: This is the stage where the employer that intends to sponsor you applies for approval as a Standard Business Sponsor. Only an employer with SBS approval can sponsor an employee on 457 visa.

Nomination: At this stage, the employer nominates an occupation for a prospective 457 visa holder. This then needs to be approved by the immigration. At this stage the employer must show to the immigration how the 457 applicant's skills match the duties involved in the nominated occupation.

457 visa application: This is the visa application process for the applicant where you have to meet all the relevant criteria of the visa and submit the required documents. This is where your skills will be assessed to see if it matches the description of the occupation as stipulated by ANZSCO code.

There are other temporary work visas such as Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417), Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462), Temporary work (Short Stay Activity) visa and so on.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

This is visa suits young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to one year. You need to hold passport from an eligible country in order apply for this visa.

The requirements of this visa are:

You have at least turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31 years old.

You do not have any dependent child coming with you to Australia or at any time during the length of your stay in Australia

Have passport from an eligible country.

The eligible countries for this visa are:

  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom.
  • As a general rule, you can only work for up to 6 months with one employer unless you have been provided with permission from the immigration department to work longer.

    For further information regarding working holiday visa contact

    Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)

    This is also for young adults wish to holiday and work in Australia for up to one year. Applicants from eligible countries can apply for this visa. The eligible countries for Work and holiday visa are:

    • Argentina
    • Bangladesh
    • Chile
    • China, People's Republic of
    • Indonesia
    • Malaysia
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Thailand
    • Turkey
    • USA
    • Uruguay

    As a general rule, you can only work for up to 6 months with one employer. If you wish to work longer with the same employer, you will need to apply for permission to work.

    For further information and clarifications, please email at


    Australia offers Permanent work visa opportunities to those applicants whose skills are of shortage in the local labour market. There are two types of Permanent work visas: Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)) and Subclass 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)). You as an applicant can be temporary residents in Australia or overseas at the time of application.

    Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

    There are two stages for ENS: 1) Nomination by the employer and 2) Nominee's application for a visa. The employer's nomination must be lodged either before or simultaneously with the visa application of the nominee. The position that the employer wishes to nominate need to be available for 2 years. There are many advantages of the ENS visa:

    • Permanent residency in Australia
    • Unrestricted entry and departure for 5 years
    • Access to subsidised healthcare via Medicare
    • Apply for Australian Citizenship when eligible
    • Pathway from 457 to permanent residency
    • Work and study in Australia

    There are three streams within the visa subclass:

    Temporary Residence Transition Stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for their employer for at least the last 2 years in the nominated occupation and the employer wants to offer them a permanent position in that same occupation.

    Direct Entry Stream is for applicants who new to the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last 2 years or who are applying directly from outside Australia.

    Agreement Stream is for applicants who are being sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement or regional migration agreement.

    Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (Subclass 187)

    The RSMS visa of Australia is very similar to the ENS 186 visa except this is intended for those skilled workers who are looking for work in regional Australia. This visa also has the three above streams as the 186 visa and is once again a two stage process (nomination by an approved Australian Employer and then the visa application by the nominee).

    There is also the involvement of Regional certifying bodies for this visa which must provide advice on the employer nomination under the RSMS Direct Entry Stream before it can be approved by the immigration.

Skilled Visas

For: Potential migrants with skills and qualifications that are currently in demand in Australia.

Work Visas

For: People who are looking to work temporarily in Australia and for businesses that are looking to recruit overseas workers.

Partner / Family Visas

For: People who are looking to join their partner in Australia who is already an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Student Visas

For: People who are looking to join their partner in Australia who is already an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Business Visas

For: People who are looking to join their partner in Australia who is already an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Refugee and humanitarian visas

For: people who are subject to persecution in their home country of nationality or usual residence and are in need of resettlement.

Visitor Visa

For: No matter what your reasons, we can assist you in getting the right visitor visa to suit your purpose.

Other Australian Visas

For: Some of these visas include visas for emergency rescue, training and research, medical treatment and superyacht crew.

Visa Cancellation & Refusal Appeals

For: Cancellation and refusals of visas have severe consequences on future visas for the applicant.

Tribunal Review Appeals

For: Migration Review tribunals (now called the AAT) offers an opportunity for those whose visas have been refused.

Ministerial Intervention Requests

For: As professional migration agents, we can assist in writing a letter requesting the minister to intervene in your migration matter if applicable.

Citizenship Services

For: Australia NZ Migration Centre provides you with assistance and advice in citizenship matters if you intend to become an Australian citizen.