If your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident, you may be eligible to apply to live, work, and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
That's right! Based on your relationship, you may be able to join them on a partnership visa if your partner holds (or applies for) a student or work visa, or is a New Zealand citizen/resident.
A Partnership-Based Visa application involves numerous steps and you will need to satisfy Immigration New Zealand requirements to qualify for a visa. Your partner must also meet a number of criteria to be an eligible sponsor and support your application.
To be eligible for a Partnership Visa you must consider the following:
- You must be applying to join or accompany your partner in New Zealand
- You must provide evidence that you are living in a genuine and stable relationship
- You must satisfy Immigration New Zealand's health and character requirements
Here is a list of the common types of Partnership Visas granted by Immigration New Zealand:
- Partner of a Worker visitor visa
- Partner of a Worker work visa
- Partner of a Student visitor visa
- Partner of a Student work visa
- Partner of a New Zealander visitor visa
- Partner of a New Zealander work visa
- Partner of a New Zealander resident visa
To establish eligibility for a Partnership Visa, Immigration New Zealand will require you to provide documents to prove your relationship. Acceptable forms of evidence can include:
The length of time a visa is granted and its conditions may vary depending on which category of visa you are applying for and your situation and eligibility.
- Certificates to prove marriage or civil union
- Timeline of your relationship
- Proof showing similar address
- Shared utility bills
- Joint bank accounts, assets, rental agreement or home loan
- Copies of conversations between you and your partner
- Your photos together
Contact us or send us an email at email@example.com for more information or to book a consultation!